1.21.2009

Shhh, don't tell my competitors

OK- cool news.

When I saw my dear friend Leeanna today for our first day of alternative printmaking, I commented on her canvas Toms (way cool shoes, Google them), and she told me she was going to cyanotype them. Not like it's impossible, though. You can put a photograph on anything and for cyanotypes all you need, really, is a water-absorbent surface. Which is an awesome idea, considering our professor has a concentrated fixer that produces a rich prussian blue print. All photography talk aside, her shoes are going to be a walking (literally) bright blue photogram. How cool is that?

I'm telling this story because it gave me the idea- to cyanotype an outfit. I've never been able to wear my work to a critique, so i'm thinking about finding a flowy, white, vintage dress this weekend when I drag Mike to Salvation Army for proper thrifting time. I'm going to make it into a photogram, and i'm going to wear it.

The ever-busy,
Amanda

Currently listening to: "The Color of Tempo" by Prefuse 73

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm not sure if what i'm imagining is what you're talking about but if it is - hell, i think it's gonna be a darn good dress to walk into your critique with! it's a fine idea, i hope executing it will be possible!