5.09.2009

Graduated from the u-n-i-versity!

Woahmygod I made it.

I've been going crazy with school lately, which is why I haven't been online a lot in the past couple weeks. But i'm almost finished. I just have to matte my prints for my last photography portfolio showing this thursday, and that's it. Then I graduate on the 16th. I could scream i'm so excited- i've worked so hard for this for the past four years, and all semester to get distinction, which is only given out to a maximum of 2 anthropology graduates per year. I needed a B or higher in two graduate classes I had to take, and a small thesis paper.

And I did it! I got a B+ in theory, and A- in history of anthropology, and 31 pages of written research on the effects of ideological and structural violence on women's health in Ciudad Juárez and Mexico City, Mexico. I can't believe i'm going to have a bachelors of science in cultural anthropology and a double minor in photography and italian studies. It feels pretty surreal.

I'm going to celebrate by going to the Paper Chase concert after that. Oh man. It's all so good.

Does anyone want a hug? I'm giving them out to whomever I feel like.

Currently listening to: "Business Cats" by Mika Miko

3 comments:

cassandreamy said...

DUDE we graduate on the same day. DIGITAL HIGH FIVES all around. I'm celebrating wit a big steak and so many beers.

dogimo said...

Well I just wandered in here but CONGRATULATIONS!

Give the whole fucking world a hug! It'll be surprised and then it will think about it the rest of the day and kind of laugh, smiling.

This lady said...

I will have a beer or three for you, Cass. Have some for me!