3.07.2009

My fingers smell like three different kinds of glue

Occasionally, I go on these goddamn crafting sprees. This time, I had a purpose, since I was making my best friend Jon's girlfriend, Meredith, a birthday present. You know, the usual: Handmade card, CD. Oh, and I made a cherry custard pie for the three of us.

First, is Meredith's CD.

Then, her card. It's watercolor on paper with a cut-out from 1950s medical encyclopedia and gold ribbon.

Then, Mike's CD. A little music therapy always makes him feel better.

Then, for M's card- drip on the sealing wax...

...& stamp it!

Man, i'm such a dork about my note-writing. I'm so excited to have brunch with Jon and M tomorrow! I picked out a cute little french cafe for us to go to along with some other plans, and then when it gets late; drinks/dinner/dancePARTY. Then, on Monday and Tuesday i'll be staying at Hillary's house for two days so we can explore Ft. Worth and go to the museum district and hit up some antique malls. I need one thing to make it perfect... that darn 60s floral peplum dress I won for $1 off Ebay last week. Where is that thing?!

Currently listening to: "Interior of a Dutch House" by Beirut

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shit, Amanda. You were always so creative.

(Caitlin)

This lady said...

:)

Anonymous said...

wax+seal is one of my favourite things in this world! not that i ever do it but when i see it, it gets me highhh.