8.13.2008

There's a lot of unnecessary shit in this world

Things that have been trying to get me down these weeks but fail:
  1. The internet- I'm tired of resorting to my computer for entertainment, but after biking for an hour and a half, and unpacking all day, it's a convenient activity. However, the experience is dulled when I pop up Myspace, or anything, to see "Fat guy breaks chair" or a Yahoo news article for "Cat learns harmonica, makes millions". Flickr is getting to be kind of annoying as well. I can’t tell you how many people who comment, “omg, this is sooooo gr8”, or “u look so rady in this one!!!!” on my photos. I don’t know if that last one is rad or ready, actually. I feel bad deleting them, and I usually don’t, but something about poor spelling really makes me wince.
  2. Dallas heat. Sheesh. One-hundred today, not kidding.
  3. Carrying my heavy vintage Schwinn up the stairs: To my new apartment. It really sucks, but I’m not about to have it stolen, sorry.
Things I’ve been thankful for:
  1. That the semester doesn’t start until August 25th.
  2. Jon is coming out from L.A. to see me Labor Day weekend.
  3. That Vienna is coming to Dallas for all of September before she leaves for Seattle.
  4. The great gams I’ve been getting from riding my bike, everywhere. And carrying it up the stairs.
  5. The wicked concert lineup I have planned for these upcoming months. Check this out, seriously. 8/28, Parachutes. 9/9, i'm seeing WHY? again, & Mount Eerie. On 9/11, i'm going to Houston to see Dr. Dog. 9/13, i'm seeing Jana Hunter again, and maybe the show i'm looking forward to the most- fucking Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. My best friends Charles and Hillary are accompanying me on a road trip to Denver in September to see him perform. I still can't believe I got tickets to see the guy I had a crush on as a gawky middle schooled thing. Also, El Paso Hot Button is coming back to Dallas in October. Can we say dance party? I saw this guy live last fall at a tiny little venue and Mike and I almost lost our eardrums. The kid's a one-man-band machine.
Soon my apartment will be full of amazing faces. I cannot wait.

Currently listening to: My Bulgarian neighbor, Imann, slamming her dishes around and laughing over "Jogging Song" by Mika Miko

Love,
A Very Tired Amanda

1 comment:

athena_z said...

I keep getting whey protein powder, and it's gross. Soy it is.