8.03.2008

People I Miss

Geeez. I just got the nicest message on my myspace since my phone is broken and MIA, and it made me miss this guy, a lot:

Probably the hottest guy I know- SORRY LADIEZ

That's my bestest bestest friend, Mike. He's also a lovely bedmate. We can sit around his apartment for hours talking, eating hummus, typing up poetry on his Remington, and twiddling our toes. Other times we make a mess painting all night listening to Talking Heads records. We both do the same karate-dance to "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots", and we both write "MINE" on our to-go boxes. One time we watched a copy of Battle Royale he got from a friend back in Kansas, who failed to mention how to change the subtitles from Japanese to English. We have a good idea what's going on in the movie, but sometimes we have to ad-lib, which is funnier anyhow. Okay, i'll stop.

In the mean time, there is a strange bug , slightly bigger than a fly, that has gotten into my room and is playing the window-blind xylophone with its spastic flying, four feet from my bed. He needs to decide what he's going to do with his life soon or i'm going to whack him, in the most literal of terms. Stop running into my blinds, bugsy. The window is not open, and i'm not going to open it so more of your creepster friends can have a bug party in my room and screech all night. No.

I killed it. It was a baby roach. GROSS. I'm not a jainist, sorry.

Anyway.

Speaking of people I miss, I really miss Hillary & Andi.

With her is her boyfriend, Mike (so many Mikes), who in his spare time sings in a doowop band in Dallas.

The other is Andi, another very good friend of Hillary's, but she moved to Portland last March. She's so happy up there, but boy do I miss her. We both have the same birthday, and enjoy shots of whiskey on a loud karaoke night. It's love, really. Hillary's wild at heart, but sane enough to have hyperintelligent conversations with, something I really value lately. That, and she's a great person. She knows what she's talking about, and she sticks by it, and if you don't like it, she might punch you in the face.

Just kidding.
Well, I really don't know.

On another note- my Baggu bags came in the mail today! I couldn't be happier. They're so perfect. I'm keeping the bright yellow, bright green, and electric orange ones. I'm giving the rest away. I also went to a garage sale a couple blocks down today and found four silk pillowcases for $1.50 a piece. They'll fit the pillows on my futon/couch back in Dallas perfectly. I'm glad I found them, because that couch is pretty ugly. I got it at a yard sale, and it's this weird brown and olive green faux Aztec print. Makes me wonder how I put up with it for so long.

I also found this little guy. I dig vintage toys, and when you wind him up, he hops around.


I'm about to fall asleep on the keyboard. Man, that sounds pretty lame. What a ROUGH night i've had, blogging. I need to find a better nighttime around the house hobby, but it's either this or a glass of wine watching a Cary Grant movie.

Currently listening to: "Mysteries" by Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Temporarily Eternally Yours,
Amanda

1 comment:

TexAndi02 said...

Awww, rzrI miss you, too, Amanda. You're just going to have to come visit...there are FAR too many amusements for odd ones like us.