2.19.2009

Monday was a great night,

...better than any Monday i've had in a while.

Charles, Hillary, & I (the tri-fecta) attended a private opening ceremony at the 6th Floor Museum in Dallas, TX. You know that famous picture of Jack Ruby shooting Lee Harvey Oswald? That was taken by Bob Jackson, (for whom the whole exhibit was about), who happens to be Charles' father's old neighbor and best friend growing up in Dallas. And Bob invited us all, since Charles considers Hillary and I pretty much family. Unfortunately, we couldn't take pictures at the reception, but there was complimentary fancy cheese (!), wine (!!), and these amazing little crab quesadillas floating atop chipotle sauce in little shot glasses (!!!) that Hillary and I had over and over again until the hors d'oeuvres lady stopped visiting us with her silver tray of goodies. But, afterwards we ended up going to this dive bar, Lee Harvey's, of all places, that was in east Dallas. We had a drink, relaxed, and played a couple games of pool. Everyone kept looking at us like we were crazy because we still had on our fancy schmoozin' clothes. I don't understand how we have these amazing times together. I'm sure that its not normal for other groups of friends to do these things, and for this i'm glad, but i'll miss these guys when I graduate from college in May. It will probably make meeting up in a random US city next fall even more exciting, I bet.

Where am I going to be in four months? Chicago? Seattle? Boston? San Francisco? Zanzibar?

Currently listening to: "This Time Tomorrow" by the Kinks.

No comments: