12.03.2008

Winter is a time for bundling up and getting your bum outside to take photos.

Winter also mean curling up with the millions of pillows on my couch and studying, and then later on going to bed with knees socks on because it gets really cold in my place at night, and the other person who is occasionally in my bed hates cold feet. A couple days ago I brought my Polaroid camera along to classes with me, simply because i've been amazed at all of the beautiful colors the trees have been turning on the street I bike down to get to school. Dallas may be a little off when it comes to having actual seasons, but nevertheless I won't complain. When I move up north soon, i'll remember fondly seventy-degree days.

This is right outside my apartment door.


And this is from the stairs- check out those sugar maples! The polaroid doesn't do their bright red leaves justice, trust me. I'm lucky to live in such cute apartment complex. There are more important things in life, but I love the 60s feel of them. Those of you who have seen the inside of my apartment know what I speak of.

Here's a shot with my Nikon D80 to show the color of the leaves outside my apartment.

My trusty bike parked in the leaves outside the library. SMU is really a very pretty campus.

This is looking up while I was biking back home.


What is everyone doing for winter break? It looks like I will be stuck in Houston working again. It won't be too bad though- I plan on catching up on my photography, and i'll be working on my photomontages for most of December while waitressing. I plan on making some huge, 14x17 ones with leftover matteboard I have from my critique, and selling them off come spring. I wanted to go to L.A. for New Years to see my good friend Jon and his lovely sweet girlfriend, Meredith, but sadly it's just not in my budget. However, there's always next summer. Right now, i'm all about finishing up the semester: I just had two photography critiques today, and I got As in both of those classes, and I think i've pretty much got As in my photo history and women studies' classes. As for history of anthropology, I just hope I get a B. I could totally live with that.

Currently listening to: "Whats mine is yours" by Sleater-Kinney.

Love you kids and stay warm,
Amanda

No comments: