10.05.2008

Why I’m looking forward to the fall

1. Snuggling.
2. Making my favorite spicy thai chicken noodle soup
3. Leaves changing color (please Dallas, get your act together!)
4. Tights
5. Tea every night
6. Wearing my new pashmina scarves
7. Stomping on acorns
8. Getting my blow dryer out of the darkroom and back into my bathroom
9. Flannel
10. Thinking up something ridiculous for Halloween (Tank Girl again?)
11. Day-roadtrips

Should I go on?

Well, even so- I went to Canton again this weekend. I always love it there. It's so enchanting to walk through that place, shoot a roll of film and marvel at all the junk there.

I know how to look annoyed.

Cole and I found a cool old accordion, too. Unfortunately, neither of us can play one. And what a shame, with all the bad accordion jokes out there.

Besides a $2 1960s plaid minidress I found (the hangers were hanging from tree branches- hilarious), my only other purchase was an old Brownie Bullet camera, and I talked the owner down cheap. I'm way excited to use it.

Isn't it cute and bitty?

The next night, I went to a badass show in Denton (it's been forever since I went up there), a folk / gypsy punk / marching band called Mount Righteous. Imagine eleven happy, jumping, yelling, talented people. All crowded in with audience in the basement of a pizza parlor- it was a veritable hipster sauna down there! If you want to check them out -and you should- their webpage is:

http://www.myspace.com/mountrighteous

I do hope the rest of the year will be as nice as the last three weeks.

Currently listening to: Surf Session, by Moondog

No comments: